Did you know?
When plastic enters the ocean, sea turtles and other marine life often eat it, mistaking it for food.
This bottle, removed from the beach during a cleanup, shows sea turtle bite marks taken from the plastic. When ingested by marine life, plastic trash can cause internal injuries, starvation, and even death.
Post hatchling sea turtle and ingested plastics
100% of all post hatchling sea turtles that enter Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s sea turtle hospital have plastics in their stomachs
All hospital jars pictured contain the stomach contents of deceased hatchling and post-hatchling sea turtle patients.
This year, go #PlasticFreewithLMC and help sea turtles and other marine life by reducing single-use plastics in your everyday life!